VOMO has several options (including integrations with Sterling Volunteers and Checkr) to provide and track background checks for your volunteers via the Admin Dashboard People Page.
Setting up a Background Check Integration
If your organization has not yet turned on a background check Integration, or you plan on using one of the background check integrations, you can do so through the Admin Integrations Menu.
VOMO has two partners with background check platforms. They both offer their own background check apps and services. Each provides integrations into your VOMO Admin Dashboard to make initiating and managing background checks easier and potentially automated!
Learn more about setting up each one below:
Initiate a Background Check
- Visit your Administrative Dashboard by clicking on the link in your Profile dropdown, or visit app.vomo.org/admin.
- When you Admin Dashboard opens, select People from the menu on the left.
- To the right of each person's name is a column titled Background with a shield icon. If it is a grey icon and says add then that person does not have a background check. Click on this icon.
- You will be presented with three options: Add Manual Check, Setup Checkr, or Setup Sterling.
- If you have a background check integration turned on, you will be presented with two options: Add Manual Check or Choose Package. To initiate a new Sterling or Checkr Background Check, select Choose Package. You will find the available packages you set up through that integration. Simply pick one, click Next and then Initiate Check to send an email to the user to get the process started.
- (OPTION if not using a background check integration) To log an existing background check from a service other than Sterling or Checkr, select Add Manual Check. You'll be able to select the date of the background check, the expiration date, the status of the background check, and add notes.
Once the background check is completed, the volunteer will have a green shield icon that says "Clear" next to their name if they passed the background check. If there is an issue with the check that requires Adjudication, you will see the term "Consider" as the status. Please visit the Sterling or Checkr Dashboards for further details with background checks and VOMO just stores the status of the check via the integration.
Default Background Check Options
The Org Settings navigation item on the left side of the page (Settings > Org Settings > Show Advanced Options) allows you to adjust the default expiration time frame for your background check (1 - 5 years).