Posting an Update on your Opportunity sends an immediate email and push notification (and SMS if the volunteer opted into receiving them) to the Participants of that Opportunity. To use this feature, follow these simple steps:
- Navigate to your Admin Dashboard
- Select Opportunities from the menu on the left side of the page
- Find your Opportunity in the list and open it to view its dashboard
- In the Volunteers section, find the Updates tab and then select Add Update
- Compose your message and then decide if you want to Send Now or Schedule it to go out at a later time.
- Select who you want to send it to:
- Everyone (all volunteers signed up for this opportunity Past/Present/Future)
- Upcoming Dates (only volunteers signed up for future serving times)
- Selected Dates (only volunteers in a specific serving time)
8. Finally, decide if you want to show this Update on the Opportunity page for everyone to see. When everything looks like you want it to, click OK to either send or schedule your update!