There may be times when you will want to create a custom Opportunity or Giving Form for volunteers to complete when they join your Opportunity. Follow these steps:
Create an Opportunity
It is key that you have an active Opportunity that has been created first. Forms and Waivers have to be applied to a Opportunity for volunteers to complete the information you require. So, make sure you follow these steps to create an Opportunity first.
Create a Form(s)
- Navigate to your Admin Dashboard and click Forms in the left navigation menu.
- Click the + New Form in the top right corner and give your form a name.
- Select Opportunity as the Form Type to be used to collect additional information from volunteers that join. *Learn more about Registration Forms here. See below for Giving Forms.
- Click Add Field at the bottom to create and add new fields for your Form. Some of the different types of fields include:
- Short Text: Small amount of space for the volunteer to provide a short one-sentence response to a question or information you require from them.
- Long Text: Large amount of space for the volunteer to provide a paragraph-sized response to a question or information you require from them.
- Dropdown: Provide volunteers with options where they can choose one of the options in the list.
- Multiple Select: Provide volunteers with options where they can choose multiple options from the list.
- Waiver / Agreement: A downloadable document (.PDF, .DOC, .RTF, .JPG, or .PNG file types) that volunteers are required to "agree" to. *This is a "checkbox consent" and NOT an "e-signature." Make sure your document is worded appropriately for this type of waiver/agreement.
- Group Selector: Populates a dropdown list of your current Groups for volunteers to choose which groups they want to become a member of.
Document Upload: Allows the volunteer to upload a document (.PDF, .DOC, .RTF, .JPG, or .PNG under 3mb).
- Add additional fields and then click the "Create Form" button in the top right corner of the page.
*All of the fields you create on a form are added to your "Fields" list one the left side of the Admin Dashboard. These fields can be added to any new form you create.
To create a Giving Form follow these instructions first. Then go to the last step below to attach it to your Opportunity.
Attach the Form(s) to the Opportunity
To attach your Opportunity and Giving Forms to your Opportunity follow these steps:
- Locate your Opportunity in Active or Draft Opportunity list.
- Click Edit to the right if you are in the list view or click the Edit button in the top right corner if you are looking at the Opportunity's Dashboard.
- Scroll down and open the Advanced Options at the bottom of the Details tab.
- Locate the Forms section:
- Under Opportunity Form, click the dropdown menu and select your Opportunity Form from the list. If you do not see a Opportunity Form in this list then you will need to go back to Forms and create one first.
- Under Giving Form, click the dropdown menu and select your Giving Form. Remember that this will add a new "Fund this Opportunity" button to your Opportunity page for volunteers to donate money to this Opportunity. Also, you can set a "target" amount to track the amount given towards a set goal.