See a description of the VOMO - Rock RMS Integration, as well as a solution using webhooks for getting data into Rock from VOMO.
The Rock RMS integration consists of two different types of data as it relates to volunteer information that can be synced back to Rock (1. People, 2. Participation Data).
Each VOMO user has specific contact data associated with their account. This is biographical information like their first name, last name, email address (unique identifier), phone number, etc. that the user inputs when they create their VOMO account.
The data that is currently imported/exported between Rock and VOMO is:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Birthday (note that VOMO only collects Month/Year from users)
- Note that we allow you to create a custom value and map it to Rock in the Syncing/Export Data tab of the integration.
There are two ways to sync your data from VOMO to Rock:
- Importing from Rock to VOMO
- When you setup the integration through our Setup Wizard, you will get to select a couple of settings as far as who you want to import, when to import them, etc. so that you can launch the integration and get started.
- You can choose to enable a 2-way sync on these users in order to keep data synced up in both systems when a VOMO user updates their information in VOMO. (Note that this will update data in Rock, so if you want to avoid this make sure to turn off the 2-way sync).
- Select Users to Import
- A list of pending users from Rock will be available to choose to Import to VOMO after the integration launches.
- Select Groups to Import
- A list of pending groups of users from Rock will be available to choose to Import to VOMO after the integration launches.
- Enable Syncing to Sync/Export Data back to Rock from VOMO
Enabling Syncing allows you to automatically send data from VOMO to Rock regardless of if you have imported them into VOMO. Keep in mind that if you did not import the user into VOMO, there is a chance that a duplicate would be created in Rock for the user.
- Select fields to map to Rock. VOMO has available fields that you can choose from so that you can choose a specific destination field in Rock to map the data to. There are several to choose from, and you can even create a custom value to send along with the People data that is going back to Rock.
Because Rock is so flexible, and there is not a great default solution for participation data stored in Rock for your volunteers, we recommend subscribing to our VOMO Webhook solution that give you access to more data. Please see this article for more info: https://support.vomo.org/vomo-webhooks