VOMO uses a component called Markdown to allow you to customize text wherever paragraphs are present.
Markdown is a way to style text on the web. You control the display of the document; formatting words as bold or italic, creating lists and tables, etc. are just a few of the things we can do with Markdown. Mostly, Markdown is just regular text with a few non-alphabetic characters thrown in, like # or *.
- If you put in a URL like this "https://www.vomo.org", the formatting is automatic! Your URL must have the http(s):// or www. prefix in order to work.
- Ex. https://www.vomo.org
- Ex. www.vomo.org
- Ex. https://vomo.org
- Do not put in any URLs without a prefix (ex. vomo.org). It will not hyperlink.
- If you want to hyperlink specific text, simply enter the phrase to hyperlink in brackets followed by the url in parentheses.
- Ex. [VOMO is easy](https://www.vomo.org) = VOMO is easy
EMPHASIZE TEXT (BOLD/ITALICS)
- To italicize text, enter asterisks before and after the text.
- Ex. *This text will be italic*
- To bold text, enter two asterisks before and after the text.
- **This text will be bold**
- You can combine italics and bold like this:
- *You **can** combine them*
- To create an ordered list, simply add a number before the text. You can add indented text with an asterisk before the text. See example below:
- 1. Item 1
- 2. Item 2
- 3. Item 3
- * Item 3a
- * Item 3b
- To create an unordered list, simply add an asterisk before the link of text. You can add indented text with an asterisk before the text. See example below:
- * Item 1
- * Item 2
- * Item 2a
- * Item 2b
You can create tables by assembling a list of words and dividing them with hyphens - (for the first row), and then separating each column with a pipe |.
First Header | Second Header
------------ | -------------
Content cell 1 | Content cell 2
Content column 1 | Content column 2
The table will look like this:
For more info, checkout this Markdown guide here: https://guides.github.com/pdfs/markdown-cheatsheet-online.pdf