VOMO has partnered with Checkr to provide background checks for your volunteers. You can manage and run background checks on your volunteers all within your Administration Dashboard. Simply follow these steps:
- Visit your Administrative Dashboard by clicking on the link in your Profile dropdown, or visit admin.vomo.org.
- When the "Dashboard" opens, use the menu on the left and select "People".
- To the right of each person's name is column titled "Background" with a shield icon. If it is a grey icon and says "add" then that person does not have a background check. Click on the icon.
- You will be presented with two options: Add Manual Check or Choose Package. (If your organization has not yet turned on the Checkr Integration, the second button will say Setup Checkr)
- To log an existing background check from a service other than Checkr, select "Add Manual Check". You'll be able to select the date of the background check, the expiration date, the status of the background check, and add notes.
- To initiate a new Checkr Background Check, select "Choose Package". There are 4 different packages available.
Once the background check is completed, the volunteer will have a green shield icon that says "Clear" next to their name if they passed the background check. To see some basic highlight info on their background check simply click on the "Clear" shield icon.
The "Org Settings" navigation item on the left side of the page allows you to adjust the default expiration time frame for your organization (1 - 5 years).