VOMO has partnered with Sterling and Checkr to provide background checks for your volunteers. You can manage and run background checks on your volunteers all within your Administration Dashboard. (Standard Feature)
Simply follow these steps:
- Visit your Administrative Dashboard by clicking on the link in your Profile dropdown, or visit admin.vomo.org.
- When the "Dashboard" opens, use the menu on the left and select "People".
- To the right of each person's name is column titled "Background" with a shield icon. If it is a grey icon and says "add" then that person does not have a background check. Click on the icon.
- You will be presented with three options: Add Manual Check, Setup Checkr, or Setup Sterling. (If your organization has not yet turned on a background check Integration, you can do so through the Admin Integrations Menu.)
- Once you have a background check integration turned on, you will be presented with two options: Add Manual Check and Choose Package.
- To initiate a new Sterling or Checkr Background Check, select "Choose Package". You will find the available packages for your volunteer to complete in the list. Simply pick one and send it to the user via email to get the process started.
- NOTE: To log an existing background check from a service other than Sterling or Checkr, select "Add Manual Check". You'll be able to select the date of the background check, the expiration date, the status of the background check, and add notes.
Once the background check is completed, the volunteer will have a green shield icon that says "Clear" next to their name if they passed the background check. If there is an issue with the check that requires Adjudication, you will see the term "Consider" as the status. Please visit the Sterling or Checkr Dashboards for further details with background checks and VOMO just stores the status of the check via the integration.
The "Org Settings" navigation item on the left side of the page allows you to adjust the default expiration time frame for your background check (1 - 5 years).