Yes! As a volunteer, you can log hours you've served and items donated on Anytime projects you've joined. This is great for Virtual and DIY projects.
Join an Anytime Project
First, find and join an Anytime project that does not have specific time slots. Most organizations are calling these "virtual" or "DIY" projects for you to accomplish the job on your own time. Refer to this article to learn all about finding and joining date and time projects. An Anytime project will have a slightly different experience. Follow these basic steps:
- Find the green CTA (call-to-action) button at the top of the page and click it.
- Select the "I'm Interested" option on the modal that appears.
- That's it! Now a message will be sent to the project owner notifying them that you are interested in joining and you will receive a confirmation email.
Log Hours and Items
Next, on the Anytime project's page (the same one you joined) you will see the button at the top now says "+ Add Hours/Items". Clicking this button will walk you through the process of logging hours served or items you've donated. Follow the steps below:
- Find the blue "+ Add Hours/Items" button and click it.
- Select the "serving date" and "contribution" (hours served or items donated).
- Add in the number of hours or quantity of items you donated.
- If there is a form required that will appear below the hours/quantity field.
- Click "continue" to complete the process.
You have now logged your hours and donated items on this Anytime project. Remember that some projects require approval so don't be surprised if they don't show up in your volunteer resume immediately. Contact the organizer if you have any questions.