Learn how to create a custom Form or Waiver for volunteers to complete when they join your Project.
Create a Project first.
It is key that you have an active Project that has been created first. Forms and Waivers have to be applied to a Project for volunteers to complete the information you require. So, make sure you follow these steps to create a project first.
Create a Form
- Navigate to your Admin Dashboard and click Forms in the left navigation menu.
- Click the "+ New Form" in the top right corner and give your form a name.
- Select "Project" as the Form Type. *Learn more about Registration Forms here.
- Click "Add Field" at the bottom create and add new fields for your Form.
Here is a list of the different types of fields:
- Short Text: allows the volunteer to provide a short one-sentence response to a question or information you require.
- Long Text: allows the volunteer to provide a longer paragraph sized response to a question or information you require.
- Dropdown: provide volunteers with options where they can choose one of the options in the list.
- Multiple Select: provide volunteers with options where they can choose multiple options from the list.
- Waiver / Agreement: upload a document (PDF, DOC, RTF, JPG, or PNG file types) that volunteers are required to "agree" to the terms of the document you upload. *This is a "checkbox consent" and NOT an "e-signature." Make sure your document is worded appropriately for this type of waiver / agreement.
- Add additional fields and then click the "Create Form" button in the top right corner of the page.
*All of the fields you create on a form are added to your "Fields" list one the left side of the Admin Dashboard. These fields can be added to any new form you create.
Add a Form to a Project
- Create a new project or edit a current project.
- Open the "Advanced Options" in your project "Details".
- Scroll down to the "Form" option towards the bottom and select your form in the list:
- After completing the rest of the "Details" and "Needs" for the project click "Publish" or "Update" in the top right corner. Now when volunteers join this project they will be required to complete the form/waiver you attached to this project.