We've created a list of things to do to to test your new volunteer app while it is in a staging/testing environment.
For iOS Device Testers:
- Find the email inviting you to the new app test via the Apple TestFlight App.
- This email will have the invitation to join the TestFlight, as well as instructions for downloading the TestFlight App from the App Store so that you can access the new app in the test environment.
- Find the new app that you just downloaded from TestFlight. The new app will download on our phone just like every other app, so you will see the new icon for the app wherever new apps are downloaded.
For Android Device Testers:
- Find the email inviting you to test the new app test via Google Play Beta.
- This email will have the invitation to join the Beta test, as well as instructions for downloading the Beta version of the volunteer app on your device.
- Find the new app that you just downloaded from Google Play Beta. The new app will download on your phone just like every other app, so you will see the new icon for the app wherever new apps are downloaed.
- Open the new app and Create a New Account.
- Note that app testing is done in a staging/testing environment, so the new credentials you create will NOT conflict with the credentials that you use in the live environment.
- If you already know your staging environment credentials, you can simply login to test the login functionality.
- After you login, visit the Hub and scroll around to see the Staging Hub. It will have Initiatives, Opportunities, etc. listed in Channels and will match the web staging environment. So if you make changes on the web staging environment, look for them in the app.
- Make sure that everything looks consistent with your branding. Take notes so that you can find feedback if you see an issue with your branding, so that the VOMO Team can make any tweaks that are necessary before the app goes live.
- Find an Opportunity and Join It. The experience is the same as the web, but make sure to test that you can find and join an Opportunity.
- Click on the Profile tab on the bottom right of the screen. On this page you will see the new profile you setup in step 1.
- The Profile tab has the Volunteer Resume (My Resume) and Interests section where you can update Causes and Tags that you are interested in.
- Clicking the Settings button will take you to the user settings where Profile data can be edited.
- As far as basic user testing that is it! VOMO is a very intuitive platform, so the main things to test revolve around new users creating accounts, finding Opportunities, and updating their Profile.
- For advanced users, feel free to test everything on the app and provide detailed feedback.