Note: In a recent product update,
Projects were renamed to Opportunities
Campaigns were renamed to Initiatives.
However, the code for the VOMO API/Webhooks
will continue to use the terms
Projects and Campaigns.
The VOMO Client API is a REST-based and allows you to query and pull certain aspects of your data within VOMO. API access can be enabled for any VOMO client. Please talk with your VOMO Partner Success Representative to enable the API and be able to generate API Keys.
How do I get access to the VOMO Client API?
- The VOMO Client API is available as an add-on to all subscription packages. To request API Access for your org and add this functionality to your package, contact your Account Manager. You will find a link to this in the list of integrations on the Admin Dashboard Integrations Menu.
- Once you have API Access Enabled, you will have API Settings in the Admin Dashboard Side Menu. This Dashboard will allow you to Generate your API Key, as well as Revoke generated API Keys.
Where do I find the Client API Website?
The link below is a website with built in documentation about the VOMO Client API. You can even run some test GETs to see what data is exposed through our API.
What Get, Post, Put, and Delete Requests Exist?
The VOMO Client API exposes six major kinds of data categories through . They are:
- List Campaigns
- Get Campaign Details
- List Forms
- Get Form Completions (submissions) as a whole
- Individual Form Completion (submission)
- List Groups
- Create a New Group
- Update a Group
- Delete a Group
- Get Members of Group
- Update Members in a Group.
- List Organizations (child accounts) in your family
- Get Org Details
- List Projects
- Create Projects
- Get Project Details
- Update a Project
- Get Project Date Details (Serving Dates)
- List Users
- Post (Create/Update) Users
- Get User Details (Participation Data)
How does authentication work?
Authentication to the VOMO API is handled via a Bearer token in the Authorization header. Tokens can be created in the admin portal once API access is enabled for your account. The authorization header should look like the following once complete.
Authorization: Bearer eyJhbGci.....yu5CSpyHI
IETF Standard: https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6750