Initiatives are groups of Opportunities that can now be made "public" for other organizations to join. Learn how to enable the public feature for your initiatives.
Virtuous Volunteer allows you to make your Inititives "public" so that other organizations with Virtuous Volunteer accounts can add their public Opportunities to that Initiative. One organization creates the public Initiative and then other organizations will be able to add their public Opportunities to that Initiative. This simple feature gives you the power to create your own volunteer network with other organizations in your community. Let's get started!
- Login to your Admin Dashboard, and select "Initiatives" from the menu on the left side of the page.
- When your list of Initiatives appears, Edit a current Initiative or click "+ New Initiative" in the top right corner.
- Fill in the required information (Name, Custom Initiative URL, and Description)
- For Initiative Privacy select Public so that other organizations can tag their Opportunities to this Initiative.
- Finally drop in a custom image (Minimum banner size 1280x720 pixels. JPG, SVG or PNG. Under 6MB)
That's it! Your Initiative is now ready for other organizations to display their public Opportunities to your Initiative.