Anytime Opportunities allow you to track volunteer hours and donated items without predetermined time slots. Learn how to manage your Anytime Opportunity and how volunteers can log hours/items on their own.
Article's Table of Contents
Locate an Anytime Opportunity's Dashboard
- Log in to your Administrative Dashboard.
- Select Opportunities and then Active from the blue menu on the right side of the page.
- Find the Opportunity that you want to work with and click on the title.
- On the second row of information, you will see the words Manage, Updates and Email
Manage an Anytime Opportunity's Dashboard
- The layout of an Anytime Opportunity dashboard is essentially the same as a date/time Opportunity. At the top you can edit the Opportunity, make a copy, or view the Opportunity's sign up page.
- The Volunteers section displays the list of volunteers that have signed up with the ability for you to add volunteers on their behalf if they haven't signed up themselves.
- You can also Export Opportunity participation data to a CSV, see form responses, and send out updates as well. These tools are standard functionality for all Opportunities. Learn more here about these features.
- Along with managing Background Checks, you can manage additional Certification requirements this Opportunity might also require of a volunteer in order to serve.
Logging Volunteer Hours and Items
Even though Anytime Opportunities do not have specific times and dates, volunteer hours and items can still be tracked. The Opportunity owner (or any Admin) can simply go to an Anytime Opportunity's dashboard and begin logging hours and items for a volunteer. (Volunteers can also do this on the Opportunity's page after the join the Opportunity. Learn more about the volunteer experience.)
Here are the two ways hours and items can be tracked on an Anytime Opportunity:
1. Edit the 'Need'
If a volunteer is already on the list with hours or items next to their name, simply find the "Needs" column. The hours or items can be edited.
2. Logging Hours and Items
If a volunteer does not have hours or items associated with their participation yet, encourage them to go log them on the Opportunity page where they originally joined. You can also log hours and items on their behalf as well. Simply click the "Add Volunteers/Items" button and follow the prompt on the modal to select the need, the person, the serving date, and the number of hours or items.
You can log as many hours and items for a volunteer as the quantity of your needs allows. If you do not have a set role(s) or item(s) specified, your Anytime Opportunity will default to a generic "Volunteer" need so that you and volunteers can still log and track hours served. To track items, you will need to edit the Opportunity, click on "Needs" and add items to the list with quantities.