When a volunteer forgets to check in for an Opportunity there are a few provisions in place to help verify hours. Whether you require all hours to be verified or not, your volunteers' hours will be marked as "Unverified" on the Opportunities Dashboard until you verify them. Here's how that works:
Verify Opportunity Hours
- Login at app.vomo.org and open your Administration Dashboard
- Select the Opportunities Dashboard from the menu on the left (Opportunities > Active or Past)
- Select the appropriate time slot from the list of dates in the middle of the page. A sliding window will appear with the list of volunteers who signed up for the specified time slot.
- There are two options to choose from:
- Under "Check In" and "Check Out" you can specify the exact hour and minute they arrived and left.
- You can also edit the "Total Hours" served rather than specifying the check-in and check-out times.
- With the correct hours served now entered, you can change the "Pending Verification" to "Verified" option available to the far right.
- (OPTIONAL STEP) Select the "Verify All" button in the top-right corner to quickly verify all volunteers in this time slot. Next to that is an additional button to "Add Participant" if someone served but completely forgot to sign up for this time slot.
To access Advanced Options select "Settings" and "Org Settings", available in the left-hand menu. At the bottom of the page select "Show Advanced Options".
Scroll down to review and modify "Opportunity Hours Require Verification?" settings. Each option is defined below.
Off by default - The verification of hours will be available in Opportunity Advanced Options, as demonstrated above. When an Opportunity owner creates a new Opportunity they can set Opportunity's advanced option in "Details" and activate this setting if they want to. Learn more about Opportunity's Advanced Options here. This is great for organizations that have a very flexible and/or complex volunteer system where each Opportunity has its own verification process.
On by default - This option will automatically turn on the verification of hours requirement for each new Opportunity when created. To turn it off, the Opportunity owner is required to manually turn it off each time in the Opportunity Advanced Options. This is great for organizations that want more control over the approval and verification of hours but still want the Opportunity owners to have control over that process.
Always required - This option will automatically turn on the verification of hours requirement for each Opportunity created and will not allow the Opportunity owner to turn it off. This is great for organizations that require every volunteer hour served be verified by the appropriate decision maker before the volunteer gets credit in their resume.