Learn how to reserve a group for a set number of spots in a time slot on your Opportunity.
At every Opportunity, you can Manage, Assign and Reserve volunteers. Opportunities allow for you to reserve spots for a Group which opens up the possibilities to provide the best possible experience for your volunteer groups. Let's walk through the process of reserve serving times for a group.
Create a Group
First, you will want to create a Group in your Admin Dashboard. You don't have to add any members to that Group yet. It just needs a name to reserve the spots on the Opportunities dashboard. Learn how to create a Group here.
Reserve a Time for a Group
Locate the Opportunities dashboard you want to reserve spots on by going to Opportunities, then selecting the Opportunities title from the list of Active Opportunities.
Once you click on the Opportunity you want, you'll see a tab next to Manage and Assign called Reserve. Click that to open the Reserve tool.
Opening the Reserve tab you'll see the layout is similar to Assigning volunteers. Search for the Group you want to reserve spots for on the right side of the page.
Select the Group you want, and start clicking an open spot on the date for each volunteer you want to reserve a spot for. So, if you want to reserve 5 spots for "Team A", select "Team A" from the Group list on the right and then click 5 open spots to reserve those 5 spots for that Group.
- After selecting the Group and reserving the spots by clicking on the open spaces next to the dates, click the Save Reservation button to the right to lock in your group reservation.
- Then, click on the Manage tab to locate the date this group reservation is listed for and open that date by simply clicking on it.
- Now you will see the group reservation for this particular time slot.
The last step is to Claim Reservations on behalf of the Group you reserved spots for. This requires you to know at least the email address of the volunteer (if they are not already a volunteer member listed on your People page).
- Click Claim Reservation to reveal a box that will walk you through the steps to add a volunteer to the list.
- As you will see, you can select a volunteer from the Person drop-down menu (or type in the email of a new volunteer you want to add to this reservation if they are not already a volunteer member of your organization).
- When you're finished simply click the Claim button to confirm the reservation for this volunteer.
Don't forget: You can also specify the number of Guests a volunteer might be bringing with them. This feature not only gives you the ability to add the number of guests a volunteer is bringing but also their name and email as well.
Additionally, navigate their participant approval or background check status or even remove them if needed.
Lastly, volunteers have the ability to add the names and emails of the guests they are bringing if you haven't done so already on their behalf. You can see this info by clicking the dropdown arrow icon next to the number of guests next to their names. These guests are not only reserving their own spot in the Group Reservation but they are also added to your People page as Invited volunteers. These volunteers can claim their profile through an email they are sent as well as through the Check-In Kiosk when they show up to serve at your Opportunity.