You are able to bulk add volunteers to a Group or multiple Groups by using the bulk invite tool in People! Let's walk through that process.
Create a Group
Start by creating your Groups in your Admin Dashboard first. Even if you just create a Group with a name and nothing else, you have to have the Group established in your list first before doing anything else. This also applies to using Group Reservations on Opportunities as well.
Add Members from a Group's Dashboard
Once you create a Group or Subgroup, you can add Members directly in that group's dashboard. You will see an Add Members button in the Members list. This article will walk you through all of the details of managing a group's dashboard including adding Members, sending Messages, and sharing Opportunities with the Group.
Bulk Invite Volunteers to Groups
The bulk invite feature on your People page can be used for mass inviting new volunteers but it can also be used for bulk adding volunteers to Groups. Whether you are inviting new volunteers or you simply want to bulk add current volunteers to Groups, the process below will work. If you're adding current volunteers with active profiles to Groups using this method, they will NOT receive an invite again. Only new volunteers not in your People list will receive invites via the bulk invite.
- Open your People page and click the Invite People button in the top right corner
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and locate the Bulk Invite tool
- Click on either CSV template (Google Docs or Microsoft Excel). If you're using the Google Docs version make sure you click File and then Make a Copy to edit and save the document to your computer or device.
- Open the CSV template and fill in the information *required
- First Name
- Last Name
- Background Check Date
- Volunteer Notes
- In column F, type out the names of the Group (or multiple Groups separated by commas). Make sure you create these Groups first!
- Save the document as a CSV (Common Separated Values) document on your computer.
- Go back to the Invite People page in your Admin Dashboard and upload the CSV document you just saved to your computer.
- Click the Import People button to upload the data to the Members list in your People. When you import the document, the following actions will happen:
- New volunteers will appear on the Members list and have an Invited profile status.
- New volunteers will be sent an email invite to activate their user profile.
- New volunteers will be added to the Group(s) that you typed out in column F of the CSV document.
- Current volunteers (that are already Active in your Members list) will also be added to the Group(s) that you listed in column F of the CSV document but they will NOT be sent an invite since they already have Active user profiles.
- Finally, go to your Groups list to see these new volunteers in their respective Groups and Subgroups.