You are able to bulk add volunteers to a Group or multiple Groups by using the bulk invite tool in People! Let's walk through that process.
First: Create Groups
Start by creating your Groups in your Admin Dashboard first. Even if you just create a Group with a name and nothing else, you have to have the Group established in your list first before doing anything else. This also applies to using the Group Reservation feature as well. So start there.
Second: Bulk Add to Groups
The bulk invite feature on your People page can be used for mass inviting new volunteers but it can also be used for bulk adding volunteers to Groups. Whether you are inviting new volunteers or you simply want to bulk add current volunteers to Groups, the process below will work. If you're adding current volunteers with active profiles to Groups using this method, they will NOT receive an invite again. Only new volunteers not in your People list will receive invites via the bulk invite.
- Open your People page and click "Invite" in the top right corner
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and locate the Bulk Invite tool
- Click on either CSV template (Google Docs or Microsoft Excel). If you're using the Google Docs version make sure you click "File" and then "Make a Copy" to edit and save the document to your computer or device.
- Open the CSV template and fill in the information *required
- First Name
- Last Name
- Background Check Date
- Volunteer Notes
- In column F, type out the names of the Group (or multiple Groups separated by commas).
- Save the document as a CSV (Common Separated Values) document.
- Go back to the "Invite" page in your Admin Dashboard and upload the CSV document you just saved to your computer.
- Click "Import People" to upload the data to your People page. When you do, new volunteers will now have an "Invited" profile, will be sent an invite to activate their VOMO account, and will be added to the Group(s) that you typed out in column F. Current volunteers will be added to the Group(s) that you typed out and they will NOT be sent an invite since they already have active VOMO accounts.