VOMO now allows you to make your Initiatives "public" so that other organizations with VOMO accounts can add their public Opportunity to that Initiative. One organization creates the public initiative and then other organizations will be able to add their public Opportunities into that Initiative. This simple feature gives you the power to create your own volunteer network with other organizations in your community. Let's get started!
**You will need to know the name of the public Initiative before completing the following steps:
- Login to your Admin Dashboard, select "Opportunities" from the menu
- Click on "+New Opportunity" near the top right of the screen OR
- Choose one of your existing Opportunities and Edit it.
- Find the Join Initiative section
- Check the Include Public Initiatives When Searching box to see the available public Initiatives in the dropdown list
- Select the public opportunity in the list (**Note: you will need to know the name of the public opportunity)
- Scroll down and select "Show Advanced Options"
- Make sure your opportunity is set to Public in the privacy section
- Click "Publish Opportunity" or "Update Opportunity" in the top right corner of the screen
That's it! Your Opportunity is now being highlighted on a public initiative.