Learn what My Resume is, where it is located, and how to navigate and use it.
Locate My Resume
The Volunteer Resume displays all of your service hours and giving in one place. These hours are calculated and totaled in your resume automatically when you join and check in to an Opportunity. So the resume is easy for you to access and use for whatever purposes you need. Every now and then though you might find yourself serving as a volunteer with an organization or an Opportunity that is not through the VOMO platform and app. Here's how to find your Volunteer Resume:
- Login at VOMO.org
- Access your personal profile menu in the top right corner of the page by clicking on your profile picture.
- Find the option titled "My Resume" and click on it. This is your personal Volunteer Resume.
Let's go over a quick breakdown of each section of your Volunteer Resume:
- Profile picture and summary - This section summarizes your volunteering to give you a highlight in each of these categories:
- Total Serving Dates
- Total Serving Hours
- Total Economic Impact
- Total Giving
- Total Volunteer Opportunities
- Top Roles
- Top Organization
- Certifications - List of completed or pending certifications.
- Volunteer History - Here you will find a detailed list of all the Opportunities you have joined and attended with the total approved and verified hours for each.
- External Volunteer History - List of approved volunteer Opportunities that either you or an Admin added to your resume. Remember, these Opportunities were not through VOMO but are added by an approved leader in your organization. See the section below "Add Hours to your Volunteer Resume" to learn how to request hours added to this section.
- Upcoming Volunteer Opportunities - List of Opportunities you have signed up for that have not happened yet.
- Anytime Volunteer Opportunities - List of Opportunities with the "Anytime" option enabled, meaning these Opportunities do not have specific dates and roles associated with them. Admins and Organizers are able to add hours to these Opportunities from the Opportunity's dashboard in their Administration portal. Learn more here.
- Giving History - List of donations you made to specific organizations through the "Give" button on their Volunteer Hub.
- External Donations - List of donations you made to specific organizations outside of the VOMO platform. These donations can be either monetary or items you gave to a can good drive as an example.
Add External Hours
Now, let's show you how to request external volunteer hours you served to be added to your resume. You will see it's a simple process:
- In your resume, scroll down to find External Volunteer History.
- Click the Add Opportunity button.
- Fill in the required data:
- Serving Date
- Opportunity Title
- External Organization
- Click the Add Opportunity button at the bottom.
A request will be sent to the organization's management to review your request and either approve or deny these hours to be added to your resume. You will receive a notification when they either approve or deny your request.
Add External Donations
Now, let's show you how to add external Money and Item donations to your resume. This is also a very simple process:
- In your resume, scroll down to find External Donations
- Then, click the Add Donation button.
- Fill in the required data:
- Donation Date
- Click the Add Donation button at the bottom to log it to your resume.