To get started using VOMO, you will need to create you VOMO Account. If you are connected with an organization using VOMO, reach out to them and request an invitation email or an invitation code if you are using the app to get directly connected to their Organization. If you are not connected with an organization using VOMO, you can create an account at app.vomo.org so that you can start Exploring VOMO Organizations, Initiatives, and Opportunities.
Accept an Invite
- Check your email: your organization will send you an email invite with a link to create an account.
- Click "Accept Invite" in the email and a webpage will open up in your default browser (download Google Chrome for the best VOMO experience online)
- You will be asked to "Create a VOMO account" or "Log in." Since you do not have an account yet, click "Create a VOMO account."
- Fill in the boxes provided with your personal information (see section above for data required to create your VOMO Account) and then click "Sign Up" at the end.
- Now you can begin enjoying VOMO. You will be taken to your Organization's customized Volunteer Hub.
Now that you have an account, browse the Opportunities on VOMO and sign-up for one your organization is hosting. There are many features to help you find an Opportunity, such as sorting by zip code, looking on an interactive map, and searching your company’s list of Opportunities.
Join through the Hub
- Anywhere that the Create Account or Join button is available on your organization's Hub, you will be prompted to create your VOMO Account. The first step is an option to use one of the following social media platforms to create your login:
If you choose this option, you will be asked to verify your login credentials with which social platform you choose. Then you will be redirected back to VOMO to complete the login process.
- You can always just use the standard method using your email. Either way you will be asked to provide some additional information to complete the process. The required information necessary to create your account is your:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Birth Month/Year
If you already have a VOMO login, make sure to click Login instead of creating a new user login.
- After completing this step you might have to provide additional information or sign liability waivers if your particular organization requires it.
- Once you have your VOMO Account you can join as many Organizations as you would like. Each time you join an account it is called a Membership with that Organization. You can have many Memberships across the VOMO Platform using a single VOMO login (username and password).
Join through an Opportunity
If you were sent a link to join an Opportunity, but you don't have a user login for VOMO yet...don't worry! When you click a serving time to join or on an Anytime Opportunity, VOMO will see that you're not logged in and will ask you to create an account following the steps above. Then after creating a user account, you will complete the process of joining the Opportunity. It's that easy!