VOMO Groups in your Administration Dashboard allows you to organize your members, send messages, and share projects.
First, you need to create a group (or subgroup). Follow this article with step by step instructions on how to create a new group and add new members.
TIP: to message a group, you have to be a member of the group. Do not forget to add yourself as a member.
How to send a message
- Locate your group (or subgroup) in your Administration Dashboard Groups page (app.vomo.org/admin/groups).
- Press the title of the group to open the Group dashboard. Below the title are the group's analytics and three tabs; Member, Messages, and Shared Projects. If you want to edit add or remove members in your group follow the instructions on this article.
- Press Messages to access the group message with the members in your group. (Remember, VOMO Groups only allows group messaging, and one of the members has to be an admin or an organizer. Otherwise, messaging will not work. There is no peer-to-peer messaging in VOMO) To send a message type in the text box at the bottom and press the green SEND button. You can also share a project by pressing SHARE PROJECT below the SEND button.
How to share projects
- Select the Shared Projects tab to see a list of projects that have been shared with the group. (You can also press the green SHARE PROJECT button at the bottom of Messages tab underneath the SEND button.)
- To share a project press the SHARE PROJECT button to the right of the page. This will open the Share Projects dialog box. Select your project(s) from the drop down menu. There is also an option to send your shared project in a message to the group. When you are ready, press the blue SHARE PROJECTS button.
- Your project will now be sent to the group and appear in the list of Shared Projects. If you chose the option to send the shared project in a message you will also see it in Messages.