We've included some great options for you to make sure your volunteers follow your process and get all of the information they need to volunteer
The Advanced Options of a project can be seen by clicking the "Show Advanced Options" link when you create or edit a project. Each one of these is optional, but there are a few defaults to be aware of. See screenshot below, followed by explanation.
- Project Owner. This Admin or Organizer in your VOMO org who is the person who you can assign the project to for notifications, management of the project, etc. If you assign an Organizer they will have access to manage/assign volunteers even if they did not create the project themselves.
- Point Person. This can be anyone who you want to put in as the contact person who your volunteers can call/email with questions. This is a great field for when you need to say contact Joel on the morning of your project if you have any questions. THIS INFO IS INCLUDED IN THE CONFIRMATION EMAIL WHEN THE VOLUNTEER JOINS THE PROJECT.
- Need to Know. This text field can hold important information for your volunteers. Many Admins/Organizers use this field to detail specific next steps of the project, like "Volunteer must wear closed toed shoes". Use this field for more important info than the description because THIS INFO IS INCLUDED IN THE CONFIRMATION EMAIL WHEN THE VOLUNTEER JOINS THE PROJECT.
- Privacy. You have 3 options. All projects default to Private (for members of your Org only)
- Public: Anyone on VOMO can see the project in their Volunteer Hub or on their VOMO App. This is great if you don't mind getting people from outside of your VOMO org to join your project.
- Private (Default). Only members of your organization (People in your People list), can find this project on their Volunteer Hub or on their VOMO App.
- Unlisted. Using this field makes your project unlisted from any Volunteer Hub or VOMO App, but like any project, you can share it with the direct URL that accompanies every VOMO Project. Anyone with the direct URL will be able to access Unlisted projects.
- Participant Approval. Clicking this box means that Volunteers will Request to Join one of your Serving Dates. The Project Owner will get an email with the request and can respond appropriately to make sure the right people are on the project. You can also respond to requests on the Requests Dashboard of the Admin Homepage or the Admin Project Page.
- Background Check Required. Clicking this box means that Volunteers are required to have a background check on file in order to participate. The Project Owner will get an email when someone requests to join the project, and the email will have the status of the background check listed in the email to let the Project Owner know if the volunteer is cleared already, or will need to go through adding a Background Check to their profile.
- Require volunteer hours verification? As the text below the option says "If checked, all completed volunteer hours will need to be approved before they will be added to Volunteer Resumes. Learn more about controlling default settings for this option in your Org Settings here.
- Guests. Simply let your Volunteers know if it is appropriate or not for them to signup guests when they register themselves on a VOMO project. If a Volunteer brings a "Guest", you will see that user as a guest of the Volunteer on the registration.
- Minimum Age. Let your Volunteers know the minimum age required to volunteer on your project. This can be any number between 0 and 99.
- Additional Information to be Collected from Volunteers. This input lets you add a custom question to the registration process so that when people signup for a project, they are asked a question like "what size t-shirt do you wear?" or "do you have any food allergies that we need to be aware of?". Get creative here because this will be a great tool for you!
- Attachments. Add an attachment to the project so that volunteers get the .doc or .pdf in the confirmation email after they signup. The attachment will also show up directly on the Project Page. THIS INFO IS INCLUDED IN THE CONFIRMATION EMAIL WHEN THE VOLUNTEER JOINS THE PROJECT.
- Links. Add up to 4 links to direct people to important places that they might need to see. For example, add a link to a training video, an online form/waiver, or an informative website that will prepare the volunteer for serving. The link(s) will also show up directly on the Project Page. THIS INFO IS INCLUDED IN THE CONFIRMATION EMAIL WHEN THE VOLUNTEER JOINS THE PROJECT.
That's it. Once you create one project with these Advanced Options, it will all make perfect sense, and will save you a ton of time in making sure your Volunteers get all of the information they need to join you on you Project.